Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Honey Lime Enchiladas

This is one of Ryan's absolute favorites! Marisa thinks it's too sweet for her. :)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZ1p6xSZG2KPI0Pk1p5iyo29RNnHZsIaSU75N0wBRwHJHlWureBgFoFQx8Ir2isfk3qPZL2vDScNNUEepEUgeZnlF_0qyJ4EernIL9CaNsbfaYUqf4M3nbA5ordsPr6C3lFCWsaQ4EZA/s400/IMG_1183.JPG 



6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice ( 1-2 limes)
1 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (about 3 small chicken breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream



 Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour
(if you can let it set several hours EVEN better).  Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.  

My notes:  The sauce makes A LOT. So I normally use some and freeze the rest to use for another time.  Also, I don't always have cream or want to buy it so I've substituted with just milk before and it's not too bad.  It's even better with a homemade enchilada sauce. I'll post that, too!

2 comments:

  1. I like these! I made them with too much honey for Jeremy in Lincoln once...he thought he was getting mom's sour cream ones. Needless to say he was bummed. But I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jer agrees with marisa.
    haha. I just now read whitney's comment.

    ReplyDelete