Friday, March 29, 2013

Greek Shrimp Scampi

I got this recipe from my bishop's wife in Urbana (Donna Cummings).  It's super fast, and the only ingredient I don't usually have in my cupboard is the feta.  If you don't want any heat, you can omit the red pepper altogether.  Otherwise shake sparingly when you're using red pepper to get the heat level desired.

1/2 pound shrimp
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced tomatoes (I usually just use a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and adjust the other ingredients as necessary--meaning you should technically double the rest)
1/2 cup feta
juice of 1/2 lemon (I've used bottled lemon juice, too)
2 tsp Dill (fresh or 3/4 tsp dried)
salt, pepper, tarragon, red pepper (I've used flakes and powder before)

Saute garlic in oil and remainder and heat until warm.  Serve over couscous.

**I just buy the "done in 5 minute" instant couscous at the grocery store, it's by the rice
**I have used both pre-cooked and raw shrimp (I just keep bags of frozen in my freezer).  If using pre-cooked, thaw and toss in right before eating, just to warm them or they overcook.  If using raw, I still toss in last and simmer until done, only takes a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment