Friday, March 29, 2013

Banana Bread

  • 5 bananas
  • 4 eggs (well beaten)
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 2 c sugar
  • 4 c flour
  • 2 t soda
  • 1 t salt
Beat bananas to a liquid, add eggs.  Cream the sugar and shortening then add banana-egg mix. Sift flour, soda and salt. Pour into 2 well-greased loaf pans.   

Bake at 250 for 90 minutes (until the toothpick comes out clean)

To get the soft crust that we all love, let the bread cool on a cooling rack for a bit, then wrap it in tin foil while it's still warm so all the steam will soak back into the crust making it soft and delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. I would say that it's easiest to use old, mushy bananas. I just mash the bananas, I'm not sure I've ever "beat them to a liquid." I also grease my pans with shortening and flour them, too.

    ReplyDelete