Monday, May 6, 2013

Sesame Chicken (that I call Orange Chicken)

This is a recipe that Caitlin made for me and mom last summer when we visited her and Ryan in NC.  It's a quick and easy meal.  And, like most Lukes, Caitlin edited the recipe from its original form, and I make it like she did for us.  This recipe originally comes from the Food Network: Sesame Chicken.

I call it orange chicken because of the orange marmelade, and with the changes, there are actually no sesame seeds used. :)  The recipe below is how I (and Caitlin, I think) make it.  If you want to see the original recipe, see the link.

Sesame Chicken (Orange Chicken)

3 chicken breasts, nearly thawed
2 T soy sauce
2 T orange marmelade
1 T rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs and coconut  (I just dump half and half of each, without measuring)
Rice, for serving

  • Preheat oven to 375.  Line a baking sheet with foil
  • Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes
  • In medium bowl (ziploc bag) mix together soy sauce, marmelade, vinegar and red pepper flakes.  Marinate chicken at least 10 minutes and up to 8 hrs in fridge.  (I usually do this early in the day--then it's super fast to put together at dinnertime).
  • In other bowl (bag) mix together panko and coconut.  Drain chicken and toss in flour.
  • Spread chicken on baking sheet (I spray with pam)
  • Bake til chicken is crispy but not dry, about 20 minutes turning halfway through.  Serve with rice
  • I mix up extra sauce (ingredients 2-5) and drizzle over the the chicken and rice when eating.  When I make the extra sauce, I usually triple all the ingredients, except for the soy sauce, which I usually double.


No comments:

Post a Comment