Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Broccoli Salad

Toss together:

3 heads of broccoli, washed and cut into small pieces (I used about 1/2 of a Sam's Club bag)
1/2 cup chopped sweet red onion
4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled (I use real bacon bits from Sam's, about 1/3-1/2 cup)
3/4 cup raisins (I like to use Craisins instead)
3/4 cup sunflower seeds

Dressing:

1 cup Miracle Whip or Mayo (I used low fat)
2 Tbs sugar (I used Splenda)
2 Tbs vinegar (I like apple cider vinegar for this)

Mix all ingredients together well and toss with salad. This makes a coated but not too wet salad; if you like it more moist increase the dressing ingredients by half. You can add extra broccoli, bacon, raisins, and sunflower seeds to your personal preference. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Does this make a huge portion? I'm thinking I might halve this if I were to make it for our family. Or does it store for a while? Does it last a few days in the fridge without getting soggy or wilty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes about half an ice cream bucket and stores well, the green bud part isn't crunchy but it isn't really anyway. It's easy to adjust all the ingredients to your liking, dressing is cheap so make a full batch and add as desired.

    ReplyDelete