Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easy Baked Tilapia

This is a recipe that Dave and I really like, in fact we're having it for dinner tonight!  This is one meal I taught Dave to make so he can feed himself when I go out of town.  This recipe comes from a food blog that Marisa used to use a lot.  Unfortunately, this lady (Amy Scott) hasn't posted anything recently, because I actually make a lot of recipes from here.

I recognize that not everyone loves fish, and that it's not necessarily affordable for larger families, but it's something that our little family loves to make.  It is also really easy and a no brainer when I can't think of what to make for dinner--I just pull out some frozen fish and veggies and we're good to go!

Here are changes that I make to the recipe.

  • I don't use old bay seasoning, I use a seasoning called "Citrus Grill" that we found at Sam's.  Really, I just dump whatever I feel like on the fish.  Sometimes it's lemon pepper.
  • I just use whatever veggies I have in the freezer.  I found a southwestern veggie mix one time that has corn, bell peppers, etc.  I usually mix that with broccoli, carrots, or whatever else I have.
  • I don't always use fresh lemon.  It is admittedly better that way, but I'll just dump some lemon juice from the bottle if I need to.

1 comment: