Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cherry Coffee Cake


This recipe comes from Mom's recipe box, meaning, she cut it off of the back of the Bisquick container, or out of some magazine, so I have no exact reference for it.  Shelby doesn't remember this coffee cake, but I remember eating it a fair amount of times.  I also remember it being one Marisa really liked.  Don't know if that still holds true today, though. Marisa, are you still a fan (I added pictures when I made this this morning just for you!)? 

I felt like a real food blogger as I took pictures, yet when I mentioned this to Dave he said that only held true if I took a picture of every step.  I figured you guys didn't need a picture of "mix all ingredients together", and that you could figure it out.


Cherry Coffee Cake

4 cups Bisquick (I've used jiffy mix, too, and it works the same)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
3 eggs
1, 21 oz can pie filling (cherry, blueberry, etc)
Glaze

Mix all ingredients except pie filling & glaze; beat vigorously 30 seconds.  Spread 2/3 of the batter in greased 9x13 pan.  Spread pie filling over batter.  Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto pie filling.  Bake until light brown 20-25 min at 350.  (Mine always bakes for at least 30 or the center is runny).

Glaze:  Beat 1 cup powdered sugar & 1 to 2 tbsp milk until smooth & of desired consistency.  Drizzle over the top of coffee cake.

**I have also cut this in half and put it in an 8x8 pan.  I use 2 eggs, and just save the extra pie filling in the fridge for something else.  It's pretty hard for me and Dave to eat a whole 9x13 pan by ourselves before it's dry and inedible.

No comments:

Post a Comment