Sunday, March 23, 2014

Turkey Goulasch

Marisa gave me this recipe.  I have no idea where she got it from.  I'll post a picture the next time I make it. I make this whenever red peppers are on sale.  The only thing I have to make sure to buy to make this that I don't always have on hand is the ground turkey and the red pepper (unless you don't have marjoram in your spice rack).  I think this is kid friendly, besides being quick.  Penelope likes this one a lot, which makes it a winner in my book!

Turkey Goulasch

1/2 lb elbow macaroni
salt
1 T EVOO
1 T butter
1 lb white ground turkey breast
2-3 cloves galic
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 T sweet paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried marjoram
black pepper
1 c chicken stock
1 c sour cream

Cook macaroni separately.  Heat a deep dish over medium heat.  Add EVOO then butter & ground turkey.  Break meat up into chunks, 2-3 minutes.  Add garlic, onion, red pepper and seasoning to turkey.  Cook 5-6 minutes then add chicken stock and sour cream.  Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to low.  Add cooked macaroni and stir.  Let pasta absorb some of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment